June first, time to start something new. I’ve been working on a monthlong habit idea for over 4 years and one thing I’m always excited about is personally starting the new habit challenge for a month. This month, I’ll be going for the “Mad, Sad, Glad Time” habit. I’ll be recording daily the list of things which made me sad, mad and glad during the day.
Why do I do this
The simplest answer is, that I like experimenting with new habits. And I like to do it on challenge basis. I chose this habit because it’s related to the emotional part, to the “heart dimension” of the monthlong idea. I hope that this will help me become more aware of my emotional state over the day and, that it will give me chance to gain more control over it. And I’m curious, what parts of my life create what feeling.
How will the “mad-sad-glad time” look like:
- I’ll use a set of small papers, as I want to do it paper-and-pen style
- I’ll have a printed A4 tracker on the fridge to remind me
- I’ll of course use Momentum for tracking as well
- I’ll come home from work and as the thing before dinner, I’ll take 10 minutes out to write this down
- The major questions will be:
- What made me mad this day?
- What made me sad?
- When was I glad during the day?
- The follow-up question will be “What do you learn from it? What will you change based on it.”
- I will share something from my learning via facebook/twitter, or maybe will even post the photo of the record pager.
That’s it. Or maybe, some other steps will come in. It’s a new thing, so I’ll see how it goes and what to add on it.
I’m curious, what this will bring into my life.
Join as well!
If you want to try what will this habit bring to your life, try it for 30 days with me. Nothing is needed, just start. The only thing as must-do is to sit down and write it for yourself. You’ll find the resource center around this topic here and you can also follow the whole monthlong topic on the dedicated facebook page here.